Saturday, November 21, 2015

California Livin' & Lovin' it!


I've finally got around to taking pictures and posting them to my blog!  What has taken me so long is that I've been so lazy.  Well, when you're taking pictures of your house, you have to make sure it's clean and looks its best, and I won't lie, I've been a bit too lazy to clean and get everything ready.  I finally buckled down and did it, though because I've had a few request from friends and family members to "take pictures of your new place."  ;)  Here goes.

Oh, I must say that I am extremely proud of myself for pulling off my bedroom decor.  For the longest, I've been wanting to decorate doing "beach cottage" style.  I never knew how to do it, but after a lot of research and reading decor columns, I was able to do it.  This has to be one of the cheapest, most affordable types of decor there is.  You can simply use anything and make it look "beachy."  That's what I did.  A lot of the items - mainly accessories - you'll see in my bedroom were purchased at stores like - Target, Kirkland's, and Michael's.  BUT, I really have Hobby Lobby and Kohls to thank for the majority.  I wouldn't have been able to do it without them!  ;)

Enough said....  Enjoy!  Thanks for looking/reading! Sorry these have been so late to post!  :)

**Click pictures to make them larger!** 
__________

MY BEDROOM 





 MY BATHROOM
 I wanted to keep with the "beach cottage" theme of my bedroom, so I decorated my bathroom all beachy.  I must say it's a very nice place to relax.  

 ______

UPSTAIRS FAMILY ROOM  
We decided to go with a country, all-American theme here.... As they say, you can take a girl out of the south, but you can't take the south out of a girl. ;) 



 I was so excited that our new place has this cool area in the den.  Now I have "snack bar" area to get popcorn and other goodies while watching movies.
 ______

 HOME OFFICE
This simple room has a Mediterranean theme.  But basically, it's just filled with stuff that any home office should be filled with - books, computer, etc. . . ;)  It also houses the Elliptical work out machine that I need to use more often (that's another story).  hehehe!

 

TRACY'S BEDROOM
Her room is very quaint, yet fancy.  The greens all go well with each other. :)

 GUEST BEDROOM AND BATH
I was going for a simple English Cottage style here.  I think it turned out cute.  :)



 _________

 KITCHEN
Our new kitchen is definitely and "entertainer's  kitchen."  The downstairs portion of our house is very open and very much centered around the kitchen.  I love this kitchen, though!  It's amazing!

 
__________

FORMAL DINING ROOM
I like this dining room a lot.  It will be a great place to entertain.  I went with a wine/Italian theme in this room, which is very appropriate since we're less than 10 minutes from Temecula Wine Country.

 _______

 FORMAL LIVING ROOM 
These next few pictures below show you the open concept of the house (kitchen, breakfast room, formal living room, and foyer all flow together).  It was a bit hard to decorate, but I think we pulled it together.  I'm proud of it.



No comments: