Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday, August 29, 2014


Wow!  I haven't written here in ages!  :)  I think every time I update with something new, I forget to write in the journal section.  :)

I hope you all have been doing great.  I am doing good!  This summer's been great so far.  I had a great time on my trip to California with my family.  My sister and I will be going on a day trip tomorrow to Savannah, Georgia.  I'm excited, as I've never seen the Atlantic Ocean before.  Hahah Can you believe it?  I've seen the Pacific, but not the Atlantic, which is very close to Georgia!  Hahaha  Tomorrow I'll take loads of pictures and give my honest opinion:  which ocean is my favorite.  Stay tuned.

All in all, I've been doing very good.  The new job - well, I guess it's not new anymore - is going OK.  To be honest, it's quite boring now, as I've learned a lot of the ends and outs of it.  I've started to search again for something more challenging.  I've had some interviews, but nothing so far.  I've got my fingers crossed (hope you do too).  Oh!  I may be going back to school in January to get my certification in Library Studies, that way, I can be an elementary school librarian.  I think it's just a little something else I could add to my professional work history.  If all goes well, I look forward to starting the program.  It's only about 1 year.

What else?  Oh, I've registered to get a foreign exchange student for next year.  She'll be a high school student from Thailand or Japan.  I think it'll be a great opportunity for me to share the American culture with someone and for someone to share their culture with me.  I'll keep you all posted on this.  The program that I am using is called Youth for Understanding (YFU).  I'm excited about being a mother, but it's weird that I'll be a mother so quickly to a 14 or 15 year old!  hahahaha!

Ohhh!  Big news!  My sister and I have put our house on the market!  As sad as it is, it's time to move on to something bigger and better.  We've been in our house for 11 years and want something different.  I'll also keep you all posted on the selling process and where we'll actually go once the place sells.

There.  See, that wasn't that bad.  I've gotta get back used to writing!  ;)

Hope you all have a great, relaxing weekend!

Keep reading.

Love,
Torri ;)

No comments: