Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday, August 6, 2012

What a lovely birthday I have had! (August 3)  :)  Normally, I am highly depressed the weeks leading up to my birthday, but since I hit 30 last year, I learned to leave my fears behind!  I am embracing age, even though I am not at the place where I want to be in my life.  I believe that eventually, everything will fall in place.  That said, I had a lovely birthday.  I cannot believe the great gifts that I received.  My mother gave me this cool 3 cooker crockpot that I am eager to use as soon as I figure out what recipes I want to try!  There are so many!!  ^^



I have also been baking endlessly since my sister gave me this early birthday gift.  If you have been reading my blog, or just looking at it, you can tell that I love to cook sweets (cakes and pastries).  This lovely addition made my day when it arrived on my doorstep from delievery.  Let's see, I've already made about 5 cakes!  Hahahahah!  So much for my waistline, huh?  ^^


Other than baking, I have been enjoying my time off work.  To be honest, I don't think I'll be able to tear myself away from home once I do get a new job.  hahaha!  I've taken on a few projects, one being a sewing project.  I've decided to make my very own kimono!  I picked out this lovely costume pattern a few days ago at Joanne's.  The prices of kimonos were so expensive so I decided to just make my own.  Everything, including this great fabric, only costed me $45!  I don't think you can find a cheaper kimono than that!  Now when I visit my friends in Japan, I'll have my own kimono to wear to historic Kyoto.  Who knows, I'll even probably make a few enemies.  Perhaps some Geisha girls will be jealous because my kimono is much lovelier and less expensive than theirs!  Hahahah!  I am kidding!  I will definitely be posting a picture of me wearing it when this project is complete!!^^  As of now, you all can see the fabric before it turns into a lovely kimono!  :)  Aren't the colors great?!



 Well, that's news from me!  :)  I hope you are all great!  Keep in touch!

Love,
Torri :)





No comments: