Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Woman in Black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXXRS3Kghh4OK so, who would ever think that two of my favorite books would intertwine in some weird kind of way?! If you've read my blog, you know that my favorite book of all time is "The Woman in Black," which in my opinion, is one of the best classic ghost stories ever written. Also, I'm a huge fan of the Harry Potter books as well. So, when I heard that Daniel Radcliffe, who portrays Harry Potter in all the popular films, was playing Mr. Kipp in the upcoming "Woman in Black film," I was very surprised and eager to see it.

I really like this movie because the director created the perfect, atmospheric setting - the one that I was imagining while I read the book many years ago. Though there were a lot of changes made in the film that were not in the actual book, they worked well. The ending in the film, I must say, was cleverly done. What a surprise! ...That said, I would also like to congratulate Daniel Radcliffe on his remarkable transformation in acting. At first I was not prepared to take him serious in the role of Mr. Arthur Kipp and kept saying to myself, "he's Harry potter whatever!" but as the movie went on, I was able to see him as the man who he portrayed in the movie. Great job! Off the record, I think he's grown into a VERY handsome man, too! ^^ Anyway, if you are looking for a good, atmospheric ghost story, I think that you should check out this movie. It's well done and you won't be disappointed. (Also, read the book!!)

***Click movie poster for trailer***

No comments: