Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hello!

Here I am again, and I'm proud to say that I have completed my first week of work. :) I really love my new job a lot. I work with a lot of great, down-to-earth people. For the most part, I have caught on well. :) It's very exciting to be able to prove that I am capable and able to learn new things. I already can't wait to go back to work on Monday, which is my birthday.

Yes, Monday's my 28 birthday. I know I'm getting older, but I have learned to embrace age because with age comes wisdom and experience. :) My sister's birthday was on Monday, and we usually celebrate them together today.

I've been watching TVLAND's seasonal show, "She's Got the Look," and I must say that every season that I watch it, I am impressed. For the past 2 seasons, black women have been chosen as the one's who "have the look." It's unbelievable because in American society, black women are overshadowed by white women, who mainstream media portrays as the most beautiful, elegant, and hot women. But that's not true. There is beauty in ALL RACES of women and men.

It's very good to see that the idea of beauty is changing in America, and that the beauty in black women is now being embraced and highlighted. It's very inspiring to many young black women and girls who don't see ourselves portrayed as beautiful in society and in the media. I just want to take the time to congratulate both black women who won the "She's Got the Look" competition, Tanya Hutchinson and Cindy Cohen (http://cindycohen.com). You both are inspirational and beautiful!

That's all for today. :)

Thanks for reading,
ToRRi

No comments: