Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Major landscaping! ;) (October & November 2013)

We decided to do a major landscape job in our yard - the back yard, as it, for years, has been overgrown with trees and brush.  Finally we got sick of it and decided to spend the money to have the work done.  I mean, why not? Who doesn't want a back yard with pretty flowers, flowering trees, and backyard BBQs?  I can't think of anyone who doesn't.  We've been in our house for about 10 years and within though 10 years, we haven't had the chance to enjoy our backyard, as it's been inhabited with massive overgrowth.  Check out my photos below of the landscape....

Before:
Look at all of those trees!!!!!!!!!!!!  WOW!!  EW!!!





Day one 1:
Nearly 50 trees cut down.  Can't you already breathe?  :) I can.



Day 2:  
The bobcat arrives and carries off the timber. YAY!!!  We're getting a backyard!  ;)
(Sorry, the sun was going down - but I was just so excited to take pictures of the workers and the progress)



Day 3:

Too bad I was at work and couldn't take pictures when the guy came to level the ground and grind up the stumps!  DARN IT!  Anyway, when I got home, I was thrilled!  Imagine that!  :)

A few weeks later, we're able to look out of our windows and see a level, clear backyard.  We've planted grass that's coming up already........

This pictures shows the ground covered in hay, as we've just planted grass!


What a lovely view from the breakfast room.  :)  

We've got a backyard!!!!!  ;) FINALLY!!!!


No comments: