Monday, October 13, 2014

Fall Harvest Tea . . . (October 12, 2013)

Like always, I have a tea party each October to welcome fall and the changing seasons.  I know the beginning of Fall is in September, but September is sooo busy for me, I can't find the time.  The theme of this year's party was harvest.  I served foods that reminded me of fall harvest - potatoes, carrots, pumpkins, etc. . .   I had a great tea party with my family.  Just being together with the ones I love is truly a blessing.

I decided to use my little brown teapot as a center piece.  The color really made the table look and feel like fall.

Dainty sweet potato tartlets with wiped cream was a great idea for dessert.

Fresh apples really helped bring out the color of my tablescape.

I got those little plagues at Wal-Mart for only $.98!  What a steal. 

 I chose white candles because they went well with my white plate set.


Yummy Fresh apples.  I love this time of the year because you can always find great apples! 
Homemade pumpkin cookies and yummy cranberry scones are great with tea or coffee.

This was high tea, and so serving real food, not sweets, was appropriate.  I made foods that reminded me of fall.  Remember to have plenty of vegetables!


Sweet potato tartlet about to be devoured!  ;)

No comments: