Friday, February 24, 2012

Let The Right One In

Being my favorite movie, I thought I'd check out the book. To be honest, I liked the book very much, but I found it a bit too "heavy" in certain parts. However, reading this book helped me better to piece things together in the film that I had a few questions about. For example, I got to see how Eli was turned into a vampire and there was background information given on his family as well.

What I found so clever about this book is the way that Lundqvist wrote from different character's prospectives. It was interesting to see how this one little vampire affected and tore apart so many lives in the city where he lived. All in all, this was a great book, but be prepared to read a lot of very disturbing and/or gross things. I would not recommend this book to anyone with a weak stomach. ^^

No comments: