Sunday, November 25, 2012

Death Note


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amag3NrjBc0
I haven't been able to find any good movies lately, so I started to think outside the box a little bit and give anime a try. I was recommended this movie by a friend from Korea who said the series was great. I watched all 37 episodes of this one and I must say it was one of the best films that I have seen in a long time. The story is great, the plot is loaded with action, and there are loads of twists and turns! Be sure to watch the 100% Japanese version (with subtitles) because it's more authentic!
Despite the fact that Light (the main character) is actually killing people, I found him to be my favorite character of the series! I really did not see anything wrong with what he was doing in the beginning, but towards the end, he kind of flipped out. :) The ending was great, but a bit sad. I found myself feeling pity on a lot of this characters, too. My favorites were - of course, Light, L, and Near... Ryuk was great, too!

So, if you've hit a brick wall in finding a decent movie and don't know what to do, please give this movie a try! You will be very impressed. This has got to be one of the BEST films I have seen. It has opened my mind up to see that anime films are not just cartoons, but have brilliantly written stories, full of suspense and mystery! I've added a few more to my queue on Netflix!

***Click movie poster for trailer ***

No comments: