Monday, November 2, 2009

Fall Tea Party

I love tea and tea sets! And my love of English traditions and culture, combined with my love of tea and tea pots, inspired me to host my very first tea party! I wanted this party to be a particularly special one for my family, especially for my aunt, Sandy, who's going through a lot since her husband recently found out that he has cancer.

For my tea party, which was on on October 31 (Halloween Day), I pulled out my best tea set--my pristine white, rose print set, with gold trim (reminiscent of a Royal Albert that I once saw). The theme of my party was relaxation and comfort, and I decided to serve foods that reflect both comfort and warmth.


Main Menu:
--Zuppa Toscana Soup (courtesy of Olive Garden Restaurant)
--Petite Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches
--Petite Turkey and Baby Swiss Sandwiches


Sweets:
--English Strawberry Scones w/ strawberry jam and butter (you'll find the recipe
here)
--Belgian & English Butter Cookies


Drink:
--Tea (Tazo, English Grey, Chai, Green Tea, & Ginger)

It is important when having a tea party not to over do it with the food. Keep everything simple and in small portions. For example, sandwiches should be cut into small, dainty pieces. It is also important to have various types of teas. Remember, it's a tea party and tea should be the highlight of the evening, as it creates great conversation and taste! :)


You'll find pictures from my October 31 Tea Party below:

















































1 comment:

Wenni Donna said...

Pleased to know about your tea party. Last week, I attended my best friend’s garden party with was arranged at one of the exquisite venues in Chicago. They made amazing arrangements for this party and we all realy enjoyed a lot.