Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday, October 2, 2009

I'd say someone's in the Halloween spirit! Wouldn't you?

I hope all is well with you all! I am great! I'm particularrly estactic that it's finally the weekend. I have been very busy at work this week. I really need a little R&R! :)
Last week was a very stressful week. My city was one of the ones that was devastated in the floods of Georgia. EVERYTHING was completely messed up (luckily my neigborhood escaped the horrendous waters though). I've posted some pictures:


*Above is a road not far from my house. You can see that the river rose so highly that it completely covered a portion of the road.

*Above is a picture of a subdivision that I am particarally happy is not mine. These people got completely flooded out! It's unbelieve! They had to have boats to rescue them!

All-in-all, it was an awful beginning to last week. Fortunately, everything is slowly coming back together, however, we still have a lot of road outages. It's awful. It used to take me like 40 minutes to get home in the afternoon, but now since this storm, it's taking me 2 hours! It's like all the major highways in my city are near lakes and creeks that flooded, and as a result, EVERYONE in my city has to drive along this ONE road to get home! I've never seen so much traffic in my life. I thought it was bad in Los Angeles, but it's has to be 10x worse in my city! Oh well. That's life.

Only 1 more hour until I get off work. I can't wait. My sister just called and asked if I wanted to have dinner at Joe's Crab Shack, and of course, I accepted! I love crab legs so much!

Love,
ToRRi :)

No comments: